ant-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From bugzi...@apache.org
Subject [Bug 1545] Changed - [Patch]Filtersets
Date Wed, 02 May 2001 09:54:22 GMT
http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1545

*** shadow/1545	Thu Apr 26 14:34:14 2001
--- shadow/1545.tmp.7670	Wed May  2 02:54:22 2001
***************
*** 42,45 ****
  ------- Additional Comments From gholam@xtra.co.nz  2001-04-26 14:34 -------
  This was made against the current cvs tree ie 1.4alpha. 
  
! Should patches have the version set to what they were built against?
--- 42,82 ----
  ------- Additional Comments From gholam@xtra.co.nz  2001-04-26 14:34 -------
  This was made against the current cvs tree ie 1.4alpha. 
  
! Should patches have the version set to what they were built against?
! 
! ------- Additional Comments From gholam@xtra.co.nz  2001-05-02 02:54 -------
! An overview of what I did and why:
! 
! I found the behavior of filters incosistent with the feel of other things in 
! ant. Having global filters was anoying as it reduced teh ability to be 
! selective. So I made the filters behave more like patternsets/filesets.
! Although not sure about the reference stuff. (its coming)
! 
! So first I created a new FilterSet date type.
! I moved all the filtering functinality from Project and Filter into the 
! FilterSet class. 
! 
! FilterSet elemets take attrbiutes begintoken and endtoken to give flexibility 
! for filter matcheing rather than just @foobar@.
! 
! It also takes nested elements filter elements that have the same for as the 
! old filter task. Plus added a filtersfile element that takes a file attribute 
! being a file name.
! 
! I made the Filter task use the filterset but set globally in Project.
! 
! I then modified copy to use the filtersets rather than the global filters on 
! Project.
! 
! I added filterset functionality to the SqlExec task. For useing plsql etc ie 
! can substitute &foobar. 
! 
! I like to copy sources before compiling for reasons I dont wish to detail to 
! allowed the substitution of the output from a compiler so I could substitute 
! the beginning of file paths with the repos root instead (so it ide's you dont 
! end up editing the copy :)
! 
! Hope this clears it up a little. All of this is in the doc patches that are 
! included in the patch.
! 
! Michael

Mime
View raw message