ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <>
Subject Re: Parameters and Ant
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 20:11:51 GMT
--- Jean Bresse <> wrote:
> 1) Can Ant receive parameters from its caller?

Yes. The <antcall> task allows for nested <param> tags (see the user
manual for details).

> For example, suppose I have a list of names and I want to invoke the
> same set of tasks for each name. I would want to ave one Ant process
> another one, I would want to call it n times (where n is the number of
> names) and pass in as a parameter the name in question.

A <foreach> task was recently submitted to the list (search the ant-dev
archive for "foreach"), but it works with filesets -- so if your "names"
aren't files (or directories), you'll probably need to use the <script>

Do You Yahoo!?