ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: [SUBMIT] mimemail task
Date Wed, 02 May 2001 17:45:58 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2001 01:40
Subject: Re: [SUBMIT] mimemail task

> Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com> wrote:
>
> > This is a variant of the mail task (identical syntax) which sends
> > all the attached files as mime attachments.  Kind of handy if your
> > deployment process involves emailing zipped builds.
>
> This means, it uses JavaMail instead of org.apache.tools.mail, yes?

yes indeed. So while it does more, its requirements are higher.

> > It requires j2ee 1.2.1 to build and run, for the javax.mail
> > packages. This is where it gets interesting, because the j2ee.jar
> > and jaxp.jar are about as compatible on a classpath as protons and
> > antiprotons are in a contained space.
>
> Does this hold true for JAXP 1.1 as well?

dont know, havent tested, it was late..etc.

> Any reason you need the
> complete J2EE stuff instead of JavaMail and Java Activation Framework
> separately?

nope. I didnt know they came in separate jars. If someone sends me the
pointers I'll make the build of the file dependent on them and do a doc page
to go with it.

Also we need to consider whether the file selection process (comma separated
list) is adequate. I'd rather a proper fileset list, maybe with manual mime
type override.

-steve