ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@seessle.de>
Subject Handling of dollar-signs
Date Tue, 08 May 2001 09:45:46 GMT
Does anyone know why ProjectHelper#replaceProperties does this?:

            else if (value.charAt( pos + 1 ) != '{' ) {
                sb.append( value.charAt( pos + 1 ) );
                prev=pos+2; // XXX
            } else {

If it finds a dollar-sign and the next sign is not a curly brace (in case I
get them wrong again, I'm referring to the '{'-sign :-) ) it appends this
char but skips the $-sign - what would be wrong with including the $-sign in
the output also?

In case we change this we must take care of build-files which escape the
$-sign with doubling it, but I can't currently think of a problem that may
result from just put a single $-sign in the resulting string?

Nico