ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: [Vote] Logging
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 13:56:30 GMT
Pete,

From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
> Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > At 12:36  9/5/01 +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> >
> >>    getTaskContext().getLogger().log(this, loglevel, message);
> >
> > *shudder* - sending "this" through the logger system violates just
> > about every design principle ;)
>
> Guess this is why I don't put up a design proposal myself, I just
> cannot write decent code, not even when scribbling something. 8-)

Sheesh, Stefan, don't you know that? I look at my code and it fires events,
passing "this". I had asumed that is what you pass in the EventSource
parameter. Guess you and I aren't cut out for this Ant2 stuff. It all
seemed so simple, sigh :-)

> So you'd better reschedule the discussion about logging for week three
> as well.  Let's say I've given LogKit a -1 because I think we'll need
> generalized hierarchial aspects ;-).

Pete, is there any documentation on LogKit?

The links at http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/logkit/features.html don't
illuminate and even the API documentation is rather sparse.

Conor