ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: proposed fix, java files always compile
Date Tue, 08 May 2001 19:48:45 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dale G. Herrig" <dale_herrig@agilent.com>
To: "Ant" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2001 7:47 PM
Subject: proposed fix, java files always compile

> Using: jakarta-ant-1.3-src.zip
> Platform: Solaris
> JDK1.3
>

> No matter what I do, even after reading the FAQ solution
> and making sure
>
> <!--#######[ time stamp target ]#######-->

That should not change anything of the behaviour of the javac task since it
normally does (or should do) the same thing you are doing, compare the
timestamp of source and destination file.

> and after trying many, many combinations settings of
> srcdir= , destdir= and classpath=, when running ant
> it always recompiles  my java files.

Maybe you should tell us (or should have asked a long time ago):

- How does your target containing javac look like
- How does your build environment look like (What directories, where are the
sources, where are the classes)

Can you try if the attached test works as expected? (Should compile 3, then
1, then 2 files).

Can you provide a simple testcase which shows your problem?

Maybe you are just including parts of the package name in the
srcdir-attribute? This is a common mistake which leads to this behaviour.

If I remember correctly there are other users using Ant on Solaris without
problems like this... (Anyone here?)

Nico