ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [DISC] details of task library concept
Date Thu, 24 May 2001 04:18:53 GMT
> From: Robert Watkins [mailto:robert.watkins@qsipayments.com]
>
> EJBs use Class-Path. Or, more accurately, they use the Java Extension
> Mechanism, which states that they use the Class-Path entry in
> the manifest
> file. This is per the J2EE 1.3 spec 8.2 (proposed final draft
> 2), and the
> EJB 2.0 spec 23.4 (proposed final draft 2).

Well EJBs must enforce Class-Path as much as it is the JVM who does this.
I will not argue with that. But I do not think there is any requirement on
EJB writers  for having to use such mechanism.

> Some EJB containers (e.g. WebLogic) do not support this at this time,
> largely because the requirement was only implied in J2EE 1.2.
> There's also
> an outstanding bug report for the EjbJar task in that it
> doesn't let you
> supply a manifest file (I submitted this a while back with a patch)>
>
> There's no mention in either spec about resolving dependencies via XML
> instead of the manifest file.

Every EJB is defines with its HOME and Object interface in the XML
descriptor every resource with its type is defined there. All Homes
corresponding to other web or EJB applications used by this one are
described in the XML descriptor. The ear file is suppose to contain all the
jars that the EJB requires. And all that (i think) is mentioned in the XML
descriptor.

And the container uses that information to locate things. Now if those are
not dependencies I do not what.