ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [DISC] details of task library concept
Date Wed, 23 May 2001 11:15:02 GMT
> From: Siberski, Wolf [mailto:Wolf.Siberski@tui.de]
>
> > I have to disagree here.  What can I as a build file writer
> do if the
> > developers of two task libraries I want to use have chosen the same
> > prefix?  The build file writer would at least need a chance to
> > override this decision.
>
> The same argument would apply to Java classes, and no one
> has yet requested the ability to override package names.

Java can afford this because it defines a hierachy of name spaces (very long
names) but it also defines a way to avoid those long names by using import
statements.

Ant's tasks tend to have short names, so you will need to have some other
method of resolving possible conflicts. Or have long and short names and
complin when you use the short and there are two different libraries
containing it. Just like Java does in clashing imports.

Jose Alberto