ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Bucanek <subscri...@gloaming.com>
Subject Problems with mapper refid="..."
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:32:38 GMT
Good morning,

I've got a minor problem with using refid's with the mapper element
under Ant 1.3 (release).

I've got my own task that contains multiple elements that, in turn,
may contain <fileset> and <mapper> elements.  Like this:

     <generatetext to="${borland.make.wexp}" filtering="yes">
         <filepattern pattern="...">
             <fileset dir="${dir.source}">
                 <patternset refid="app.common.source"/>
             </fileset>
             <mapper id="bcc.cpp.obj"
                     type="glob"
                     from="*.cpp"
                     to="${dir.build.bin}/*.obj"/>
         </filepattern>
         <filepattern pattern="...">
             <fileset dir="${dir.source}">
                 <patternset refid="app.common.source"/>
             </fileset>
             <mapper refid="bcc.cpp.obj"/>
         </filepattern>
     </generatetext>

My problem is that the second <mapper> tag always results in the
following build error:

     build.xml:171: one of the attributes type or classname is required

I've looked through the code for the Mapper object and it looks like
it's handling the id and refid attributes inherited from DataType
just like all the other DataType objects.  So why can't it find the
mapper object defined by "bcc.cpp.obj"?  And obviously, patternset
and other elements are finding their refid's just fine using (as far
as I can tell) the same code?

Also, it would be nice if <project> accepted the <mapper> tag so that
we could define named mapppers at that level, just like patternsets.

Any thoughts?

James Bucanek
<mailto:privatereply@gloaming.com>