ant-dev mailing list archives

From David Rees <d.ree...@usa.net>
Subject Re: [SUBMIT] file set cullers
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2001 05:40:00 GMT
On 10 Apr 2001 14:35:29 +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>David Rees <d.rees.l@usa.net> wrote:
>
>> For Ant2 I would like to expand on source, possibly adding a fascade
>> for File that supports the various types of Files (FTP, Zip,
>> URL). Its a bit of work, but it needs be done. Maybe there a small
>> framework out there we can borrow that does some of this already?
>
>As I was thinking about a similar thing for FileSet (so that
>ZipFileSet could just return ZipEntries ...) we should get something
>like this together - an Ant File abstraction.

I am working on a quick proposal right now. Generally that is exactly
what I am thinking. Support for File, Zip, URL, Ftp etc. sources
"transparently" to the task (assuming it supports the new API). In
addition. I want to support sources being receivers as well (so a name
change may occur here). Essentially things like Zip tasks and
ZipFileSets will be replaced with a copy to/from a Zip source.