ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FTP & Directories
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2001 07:43:32 GMT

> The RFC is just that a *recomendation*.

I know, but a very detailed one - and one that gets slapped into your
face when you don't adhere to it.

> I can't remember the exact RFC that specs it but from memory it was
> something like

all RFCs that use the three digit error codes explain them.

> 5 - Permanent error

Right.

Here we have a special case, MKDIR for a directory, that already
exists or RMDIR for one that is not there.  Both errors are permanent,
but both can be ignored.  To tell whether the error can be ignored,
you have to rely on the error codes being returned, the first digit is
not enough in this case.

Stefan