ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Behavior of Ant task and exec task / return values for Ant.bat?
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 11:52:31 GMT
Jirtme Lacoste <jerome.lacoste@smartcardsystem.com> wrote:

> - am I correct saying that the Ant.bat does not report errors?

Yes, there even is a bug report in bugzilla to that effect.  Seems as
if there was no portable (across Win9x, NT and Win2k) way to pass the
return code of an application run by a batch file back to the shell -
I'm no Windows user, far less programmer, so take this with a grain of
salt.

> - could it be possible to add a
> 'forget-all-properties-except-new-ones' option to the Ant task.

The way properties get passed to sub builds will be different and more
controlled in Ant2, don't expect it to change in the Ant 1.x series
though.

> - could someone improve comments on the Exec task (what are the
> expected values for the argument. Only newEnvironment is described)

In what way?  All attributes are listed and described.

Stefan