ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISC] misc
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2001 06:41:38 GMT
Tim Vernum <Tim.Vernum@macquarie.com.au> wrote:

> From: Scott Sanders [mailto:satan@totalsync.com]

>> Would it be possible to use the StringManager that is used in
>> Tomcat.  It uses properties files so that you can create various
>> translations of all program specific strings.
>
> Can I recommend that it that route is taken then someone should take
> the time to move it to commons rather than having an Ant version and
> a TC version.

There are i18n support frameworks in Struts and Turbine as well
(basically layers on top of the JDK support classes MessageFormat and
ResourceBundle).  My feeling here is that we look at the various ideas
that have already been implemented, see which one fits best with our
own ideas and lobby to move this particular solution into commons.

Stefan