ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SUBMIT] foreach task
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 07:46:32 GMT
John D. Casey <John.D.Casey@mail.sprint.com> wrote:

> This is my attempt at the long sought-after <foreach>
> task...

John, I think you know that this task won't make it into Ant's CVS as
long as we are talking about Ant 1.x - this type of task has been
vetoed out far too often before.

Something like your BatchingTask idea is on its way to become part of
the functional spec for Ant2 (it is called container task by some,
nesting task by others) but its implementation may or may not differ
from what you've done.

That being said, thank you for your contribution and thank you for
giving users the option to disagree with the committers - and still
use Ant.

Stefan