ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISC] XML issues
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2001 12:00:09 GMT

> However it is at higher complexity build files (medium->high
> complexity) where the advantage would be shown. Mainly as it would
> allow core to be clean and handling of tasks predictable. For big
> build processes it would allow customisation without magic variables
> (ala GUMPs sysclasspath) and added value (ie assign fee: namespace
> to something specific to buisness).

So you propose namespaces to make the "aspect" system pluggable, am I
getting this right?  You want a facility to say "I'll take
responsibility of all task attributes int the baz namespace"?

This probably is the cleanest way to separate such knowledge about any
facility from Ant's core. But we still need a way to leave the basic
things - like failonerror behavior - that would be provided by stock
Ant simple.

Stefan