ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: continuing development for ant 1.4
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 15:06:10 GMT
Dennis Gregorovic <dennis@arsdigita.com> wrote:

> Hello. I am new here and have not seen reference yet to the task
> library concept.

See the file
<http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/ant2/requested-features.txt> for a list
of all things that have been requested for Ant2, which will be the
next major version of Ant - expected to break old build environments.

The task library concept is one of these features - and one that has
been approved by the committers, we still need to sort out the details
though.

The idea is to make it very easy to install additional task, probably
by putting an jar archive (.tsk seems to be the extension we'll end up
with) in a dedicated directory and Ant will pick it up
automagically.  No more <taskdef>, unless you really want to.

Stefan