ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject "cvs commit" whose message has been lost
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:19:53 GMT
Hi,

I've just committed a new Zip-package that I've been working on for
the last weekend - the commit mail has been too big.

Stefan

This is the log message and the list of files affected

  Modified:    .        WHATSNEW
               src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Ear.java Jar.java
                        War.java Zip.java
  Added:       src/main/org/apache/tools/zip AsiExtraField.java
                        ExtraFieldUtils.java UnixStat.java
                        UnrecognizedExtraField.java ZipEntry.java
                        ZipExtraField.java ZipLong.java
                        ZipOutputStream.java ZipShort.java
               src/testcases/org/apache/tools/zip AsiExtraFieldTest.java
                        ExtraFieldUtilsTest.java ZipEntryTest.java
                        ZipLongTest.java ZipShortTest.java
  Log:
  Reimplementation of ZipOutputStream along with a subclass of ZipEntry
  to allow Ant generated zip/jar/war/ear files to be extracted on Unix
  boxes without permission problems for directories.

  This one uses external file attributes like InfoZip's zip does, this
  is a rough cut - the infrastructure to set arbitrary permissions and
  add user/group IDs via Zip's external fields is there, but not used
  ATM.  Directories will always get 755 permissions right now.

  The testcases work on my box, and I can extract Ant created archives
  without any trouble - can't await tomorrows Gump run.

  package documentation for org.apache.tools.zip will follow.