ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] workspace/subbuild issues
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2001 08:05:41 GMT
Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> * create the concept of workspace

+1

> * Project inheritance

-1, not in the core, maybe as a separate front end.

> * Target inheritance. ie The ability to include targets from other
>   project files overidining them as necessary (so cascading project
>   files).

-1, including/importing stuff looks cleaner.

> * Add an attribute to <ant> to feed back the environment (properties
>  and taskdefs) from the child build to the parent.

-1, import them from the parent build.

> * Allow a target to depend on a target which is in another
>   buildfile.

+1 in general, but we need to strongly define what that means.
Especially when it comes to the properties defined at project level in
that other build file.

Import the targets?

> * Allow a target to reference properties defined in another
>   buildfile

+1 - maybe simply via importing them?

Stefan