ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] vote on general direction, details will be discussed later
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2001 08:46:21 GMT
>>> * better scripting/notification support so the hooks are available
>>>   to send notifications at certain times.

How about deferring this to the design phase?

It looks as if the build listener approach would be sufficient.

>>> * separate tasks into .tsk jars somehow. (Probably via function -
>>>   ie java tasks, file tasks, ejb tasks).

When I first voted +1 on this, I thought, "core" would be a category.

-0 if this implies splitting the core tasks into several jars as well.

>>> * Ask for a new CVS module for Ant tasks.

My +1 still stands, obviously after we've laid the grounds for this
(i.e. define the task library concept in detail).

>>> * It should be possible to modify details of the actual build
>>>   (e.g. classpath, used compiler) without the need to change the
>>>   build specification.

Sounds like a command line entry to the various "aspects", then I'd
vote +1.  Otherwise I agree with Conor, too vague.

>>> * better subproject handling

-1, remove this in favor of the concrete items from the other threads.

Stefan