ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject [RESULT] Datatypes
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2001 07:03:20 GMT
We are sure not making things easy here, oh my ...

I needed three types of results, accepted, rejected and semi-rejected.
If I count in Glenn's vote in the DISC thread, which he didn't recast
in the [VOTE] one, the three semi-rejected items get the third +1 they
need.

Anybody want to help me here, how close we need to stick to our rules?

ACCEPTED
========

* provide support for non-hardwired (ie loadable) low-level
  components (mappers/itemset-filters/converters).

* inheritance of ant properties/datatypes/context etc in project hierarchy

REJECTED
========

* Allow mappers to be genericised so that particular features can be modified
  during mapping. Something similar to

  [vetoes by Stefan Bodewig and Conor MacNeill, not enough positive
   votes anyway]

* provide datatypes through property tag

  [only one +1 vote]

* Make all datatypes interfaces to allow them to be customized in many
  ways.

  [vetoes by Conor MacNeill, Peter Donald and Stefan Bodewig]

* inheritance of between ant datatypes.

  [vetoes by Conor MacNeill, Peter Donald and Stefan Bodewig]

* Homogenize notion of PATHs and filesets.

  [vetoes by Conor MacNeill, Peter Donald and Stefan Bodewig]

SEMI-REJECTED

* Allow include/exclude tow work with multiple characteristerics of a file.

  [REJECTED - only two +1 votes]

* provide support for non-hardwired (ie loadable) converters.

  [REJECTED - only two +1 votes]

* Set arithmetic for fileset/patternset/*set

  [REJECTED - only two +1 votes]