ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Zip task does not handle dates correctly.more information
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 05:39:33 GMT
MOUSSAUD BenoƮt <benoit.moussaud@criltelecom.com> wrote:

> I think all these jar files do not use the same jar format
> (unix,dos,compresssed,...??) so when i merged them there is a
> problem for modern compiler.

I vaguely remember problems similar to the ones you are facing with
the jlink task.  When you merge compressed and uncompressed archives,
jar (the JDK one) reports the merged file would be corrupt, while zip
(any version) says, it is OK.

I'm going to commit a patch that ensures we'll always use the same
compression method for all zip entries in the zip task (i.e. either
compress all entries or none) - could take an hour or so.

Please recheck after I've committed it.

Thanks for your research

Stefan