ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2001 06:55:54 GMT
I know you are going to hate me as I'll fill your mailboxes once
again, but that's the way it is 8-)

The several discussions haven't been as wild as I had expected them,
that makes live easier I guess.

I'm going to repost all the [DISC] threads with a new subject
containing [VOTE] and ask all committers to vote on these issues.

The deadline for votes is Friday April 20th 0:00 GMT, that should give
everybody enough time to speak up even though we are facing Easter
holidays.  If a veto has been challenged and discussion is still going
on at the time the deadline expires, we extend the deadline for that
particular item.

Problems with that approach?

Stefan

-----

Short rundown on the voting rules for the uninitiated:

Everybody on this list is encouraged to voice her/his opinion, but
only votes by committers are binding.  Each item getting at least
three binding +1 votes and no binding veto by the time the deadline
expires will be accepted.

A binding veto is a -1 vote by a committer and must include an
explanation.  A veto can not be overruled, but anybody can try to
convince the original voter to change her/his mind.

Details can be found here <http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html>.