ant-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: [Patch] UNIX link support
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:34:20 GMT
Hi All,

	Attached is an updated version of the task, which supports linking
	into named directories (currently only a single source file can be
	named, filesets are coming).

	Cheers,

	Marcus

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Marcus Crafter wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> 	Attached is a simple link task which allows you to create unix
> 	links from ant build files. It supports both hard and symbolic links.
>
> 	I'm definitely an ant beginner - so please feel free to point out any
> 	mistakes. I want to learn the right way to do things.
>
> 	Couple of questions - how do we handle platform specific tasks like
> 	this ? (ie. is it acceptable for general consumption ?, core or
> 	optional, or neither ?).
>
> 	I'm intending to add support for target directories as well.
>
> 		ie. ln TARGET-0...[TARGET-N] DIRECTORY
>
> 	and the option of removing existing destination files, if people would
> 	find that useful ?
>
> 	Any implementation ideas for non UNIX platforms ??
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&:           After Hours    : +49 69 49086750