ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph.Wilhe...@t-online.de (Christoph Wilhelms)
Subject Antidote TODO
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2001 14:07:31 GMT
Hi Antidote commiters, contributers and everybod interested in Antidote!

I just played around with Antidote a bit and I have to say, that it is
working "pretty nice" and thought that it is nearly ready for a 1.0, so I
looked into the TODO-List, recognising that there are many TODOs on it,
which aren't done... Some of them are more important and some less. At some
of them I am not sure if they are (at leas particulary) already are
implemented. I'd propose to assign priorities to the TODOs. Here is MY
PERSONAL proposal:

2 - Should be implemented next, at least for Antidote 1.1 ;-)
3 - Current implementation isn't optimal, but we can live with it ATM
4 - No really nessesary, but if somebody wants to: feel free to implement!
5 - Equivalent to a -1 vote!
? - I don't really know! Perhaps Sim can explain a little more!

Aditionally I added a Status-Coulumn to show the status of implementation:

Greetings,
Chris

############### TODO List: ##########################

Prio Status     Task
?   -          Rewrite ACSFactory to use it's own parser rather than
                the implementation specific
                com.sun.xml.tree.SimpleElementFactory class (only
                available in JAXP from Sun).

1    done       Add editors for defining file sets, and other "sets".

2    incomplete Write wizzard framework.

1    -          Implement a build progress reporter.

?    -          Implement a "Worker Thread" pattern that allows workers
                to have their work done in a thread property registered
                with Antidote, and provide support to that worker to
                provide progress updates via the GUI. Should also provide
                support for hour-glass cursor handling, and AWT event
                blocking until task is completed. This would be used for
                things such as loading files or other tasks that the user
                must wait for completion.

3    property   Add menu option to select the compiler to use, which then
     can be set sets the "build.compiler" property. Better yet, create a
     in build-  generic menu building capability that allows the setting
     file       of a property from a list of options.

?    -          Add ability to put an "all" or "don't care" specifyer on
                the action "enableOn" and "disableOn" properties.

?    -          Add ability to view task dependencies more fully.
   ####### Do you mean Target-dependencies????

3    -          Add better editors for specific tasks.
   ####### Can be done Step By Step IMHO

?    -          Add a Progress Monitor for file loading (especially for
                slow boxen like mine).

?    -          Implement some for of refid hyperlinking functionality.

2    -          Implement context sensitive menus for the console window,
                allowing an error to be selected and invoked in IDE.

1-2  -          Write preferences framwork, including persistence support.

2    -          Provide some sort of class path debugging support.

1    done       Add "syntax" colorization to the console window ...
2    -          ... with a preferences editor for setting up the styles.
   ####### Could be reference implementation for prefenreces FW!

1    -          Figure out an approach to gracefully stopping a
                running build.
   ####### Wolf Siberski as a working aproach implemented for the
           VAJIntegration implemented! Let's contact him!

?    -          Add error handler for SAX parser to better report

3    -          Project properties viewer, including the ability to view
                dependencies (local and cascading).

3    -          Acquire or implement a logging facility.
  ######## Let's exploit Log4J for this

3    -          Eat more dog food.
  ######## I prefer Cat-Food ;-)

(pending Ant 2.0)
    * Need Ant API access to:
        - Tasks within a Target
        - The topo sorted task list to get flattened dependencies
        - The build setup code to recduce code replication.
        - Normalize the Ant data model to represent a more consistent
          tree structure, and more bean-like API.

    * Better define the data model architecture, and how it interfaces
      with the Ant data model.