ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Hogan" ...@mikehogan.net>
Subject RE: Feature suggestion
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2001 16:39:15 GMT
Hi Christoph,

I don't want anything fancy or graphical or complicated at all. When I'm
working with ant, I spend a lot of my time editing build.xml.  Now, I can be
in any directory when I want to edit it, so sometimes I do this:

vi ../../../../../build.xml

and sometimes I do

vi ../../build.xml.

Now, I know I could do something like

vi $BUILD_HOME/build.xml

or I could even write a shell alias to do what I want.  But it just seemed
more generally useful if I could do something like

ant -edit

and that would locate the build.xml file and launch vi for me to edit it.
Could do it with a very simple piece of scripting in the ant shell script,
or you could do it in the java code itself.  I am not talking about IDEs or
anything like that, just a convenient little option that I would find
personally useful.

Cheers,
Mike.