ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jerome Lacoste <jerome.laco...@smartcardsystem.com>
Subject RE: Behavior of Ant task and exec task / return values for Ant.bat?
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:09:16 GMT
> > - could someone improve comments on the Exec task (what are the
> > expected values for the argument. Only newEnvironment is described)
>
> In what way?  All attributes are listed and described.

I was perturbed by the fact that it is confusing to see "on", "true" and
"yes" as possible values for the boolean parameters.

I found the explanation: "boolean - your method will be passed the value
true if the value specified in the buildfile is one of true, yes, or on)" in
the "Developping with Ant" section.

This information is usefull not only to the developer, but also to the user.
I didn't see that in the User 'section' of the Manual.

Otherwise to come back to my point, the Exec task misses the 'failonerror'
default value. Correct me if I am wrong.

> Stefan

Thanks for the previous answers.

Jerome