ant-dev mailing list archives

From John.D.Ca...@mail.sprint.com
Subject [SUBMIT] foreach task
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2001 19:25:43 GMT
This is my attempt at the long sought-after <foreach> task...Included
are the diffs (generated by TextPad), and the sources, including the
ProjectHelper.java and RuntimeConfigurable.java files, which were
changed (barely). I used the Ant 1.3 source as the basis of my
modifications, since this is a stable distribution and would provide a
more reliable test environment.

One caveat: Any BatchingTask defined in a taskdef (ForEach extends the
BatchingTask, another class you all may find useful) _MUST_BE_ defined
in the project, not within a target. This is because of the immediacy
of task execution when that task is outside a target -- the
BatchingTasks must be in the list of taskdefs, so they can accept
sub-tasks.

Any other questions, have a look at the javadoc comments, or else email
me.

Enjoy,
John Casey