ant-dev mailing list archives

From John.D.Ca...@mail.sprint.com
Subject RE: Re: Copy filtering and properties...
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2001 13:11:11 GMT
In the project I'm working on currently, there is no clear distinction
between the two.  In fact, I'm not too sure why you'd want to
distinguish between them...if you have a second, pls explain it to me?

Thanks,
John

-----Original Message-----
From: glenn [mailto:glenn@somanetworks.com]
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2001 8:04 AM
To: ant-dev
Cc: glenn
Subject: Re: Copy filtering and properties...

John.D.Casey@mail.sprint.com wrote:

> The behavior for the filtering (in Copy, etc.) will NOT substitute for
> properties that have been set in Ant 1.3. Is this a bug, or a feature?
> ;)

Err... filter tokens are separate from properties.  Always have been.

<filter token="year" value="2001" />
<filter filtersfile="file_of_filters" />

<copy todir="${dest.dir}" filtering="yes" >
  <fileset dir="${src.dir} />
</copy>

I'm -1 for making properties defacto filter tokens.  Anyone care to
argue me
out of that position? :-)

Glenn