ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jim Jackl-Mochel" <jmoc...@foliage.com>
Subject I finally tracked down the problem with spaces in paths handed to Jikes.
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2001 16:35:56 GMT
I found this problem mentioned in the list archives, but the solution
offered did not appear to fix our recurring problem.

After a bit of experimentation, I discovered that the problem is the result
of ANT and Jikes working in combination.

Most of the time, spaces in file and path names, appear to give Jikes no
problem. but, when the set of arguments is too large,
the executeExternalCompile method of DefaultCompilerAdapter writes those
same arguments to a file and passes the file name
to Jikes. The Jikes documentation says that jikes reads each line as an
argument, but it appears they cannot handle spaces
in the file names or paths.

For now, my solution is to raise the buffer size to 32K, since I know that
Windows NT can handle at least that much.

I just figured that I would pass this information along to "them what
maintains this application".

Jim