ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jay Glanville" <dic...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject [SUBMIT] resubmit of <recorder> with small changes
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 11:21:58 GMT
As per user feedback (thanks KC Baltz) I have made a few small changes and
would like to re-submit in it's entirety my original submission of the
<recorder> task.

Attached, you should find 5 files:
- Recorder.java: new file goes in org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs
- RecorderEntry.java: new file goes in org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs
- recorder.html: new file goes in docs/manual/CoreTasks
- coretasklist.html.diff: this is a diff -u of docs/manual/coretasklist.html
(puts recorder.html in the TOC)
- defaults.properties.diff: this is a diff -u of
src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/defaults.properties (defines the
existence of <recorder>)

Thanks

Jay

PS: I'm also going to iterate a previous question:  is there a way for ant
to tell me all the diffs?  I.e. "build diff" results in a diff -u of all
modified files (using their CVS latest versions as a comparison) and a
listing of all new files.  This way, I wouldn't have to go through and do it
manually for each and every file, plus having to state where the file is
(like I had to do in this e-mail).  If such a task existed or was possible,
then I'm sure that a "build patch" task for the committers would also be
possible.  Just dreaming.

 <<coretasklist.html.diff>>  <<defaults.properties.diff>>
<<RecorderEntry.java>>  <<Recorder.java>>  <<recorder.html>>

--
Jay Dickon Glanville
P068 - SiteManager Development, Nortel Networks