ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jay Glanville" <dic...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject continuing development for ant 1.4
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2001 17:53:45 GMT
Hello all.  Excellent discussion that's been going around!

I've noticed something recently.  Around the discussion time for the next
release, very little posted patches or submissions actually get submitted
into CVS.  I noticed this in the past when we were discussing ant 1.3, and
I'm noticing it again now.  It's excellent that we keep our sights set on
the horizon, but lets not forget to look at our own feet once in a while.
Ok, Ok.  REALLY bad analogy, but I'm sure you get the point: lets still keep
a small amount of focus on the current set of patches and other submissions
coming in.

There are some of us here who are not visionaries but still want to
contribute to the current state of the beast.  For example, I recently
submitted a new task (<recorder>) and I want to submit a few minor
modifications.  However, because my original submission wasn't added to CVS,
I'm not sure if I should re-submit the changes in it's entirety, or patches.

Anyways ... just a lowly grunt's opinion.

Jay

--
Jay Dickon Glanville
P068 - SiteManager Development, Nortel Networks