ant-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hughes <leslie.hug...@rubus.com>
Subject [DISC] J2EE & Ant Best Practice
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2001 12:18:38 GMT

Hi all,

(Sorry for the cross posting...)

Besides paying the mortgage thru my day job and having fun with Ant
development in my spare time, I (occasionally) pen a few articles on
anything cool to do with Java. Of course Ant is way up the coolness list and
so, I now have an opportunity to write an article for a well known and
respected magazine/journal concerning building and deploying J2EE apps with
Ant and WebLogic 6.0 in particular.

So, I'm looking for ideas, comments, best practice etc. for this particular
set of technologies. I want to present a community view on how we all do it,
not just how I do - we can get into a discussion of my approach a little
later perhaps?

Of course, I'll try to get the publisher to agree to releasing a pdf of the
finished article into the ant docs source tree, and I'll also collate
anything we feel worthwhile, even if it doesn't get into the finished thing.

Bye,

Les