ant-dev mailing list archives

From Les Hughes <leslie.hug...@rubus.com>
Subject RE: continuing development for ant 1.4
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2001 09:31:35 GMT

I'd have to agree with you Stefan on this. You're right in that <jar> is
pretty much core whereas war ear rar car and what other combinations of
[a-z]ar that Sun dreams up for J2EE would make perfect candidates for a J2EE
library - I see the EJB and perhaps the WebLogic tasks ending up there as
well.

As for what's core - that's a whole can of worms I don't want to start
shouting about. Eg. Is a java compiler really core? You could argue either
way. If it is, is javac core and 3rd party jikes not. Damn, looks like I've
already go my can opener out ;-)

But I'm not sure that I'd want to wait for 2.x rather than starting to
create (augment) J2EE stuff now for 1.4 onwards. Perhaps moving War to an
optional.j2ee package would be a start? Stuff like this is obviously not
core - or is it?

Bye,

Les