ant-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The late stuff
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2001 12:48:21 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:

> So, I am +1 on integration, certainly making it optional. If it remains
> separate, and that seems likely, then perhaps it should be made a core task
> rather than being optional. It has no non-JDK dependencies.
>
> Conor

I think I'm going to bow to the wisdom of others at this point.  My biggest
concern with integrating <depends> into <javac> was that it sounded like we
were going to do away with depends as a separate task at the same time, and
have no choice about running the integrated dependancy checking.  I think I
may have just misread the intent of the issue.

That being said, I'll change my -1 a +0.  I don't think its necessary, but it
sure as heck can't hurt if its optional and we don't do away with <depends>.

Glenn