ant-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The late stuff
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 13:26:16 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Let's add another week for those two entries, I'll tally the votes on
> Friday, May 4th.
>
> * Integration of the depends task and javac tasks

After reading Stefan's and Jose's arguments, I'm -1 on this as well.  It
strikes me that <depends> is intended to make up for a lack in javac; if
other compilers manage dependancy checking well on their own, why should
we attempt to fix something that isn't necessarily broken with every
invocation of the compiler by default?

> * recursive property resolution( ie resolving ${dist.${name}.dir} )

-1  We can do all of this right now using property files and antcall, as
has been demonstrated by Stefan and Peter.

Glenn