ant-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Sanders <sa...@totalsync.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] core extensions
Date Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:09:19 GMT
> ok, here's another problem
>
> <target name="main" depends="init" onfail="handler" >
> </target>
>
> <target name="handler" depends="init" onfail="fail2">
>  <echo>trouble</echo>
> <target>
>
> <target name="fail2" onfail="fail2">
>  <echo>trouble</echo>
> <target>
>

> <target name="init">
>  <fail>
> </target>
>
> Should the handler for the primary target (main, then handler) direct
> failure handling for the dependent task? If not, what happens when a
> dependent task fails?

My intention for the onfail was to allow for cleanup for what was done.
  So, in the example above, init would not be handled.  The intention
was if Ant made it into the middle of the task, then I could write a
handler to back the changes out as necessary.  Is that clear enough?

If you view the dependency to be 'inside' the task, that is fine with
me, as long as Ant acts the same universally.  I would prefer that init
have to specify its own onfail attribute, though.

Scott Sanders