ant-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Sanders <sa...@totalsync.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] core extensions
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2001 16:11:22 GMT
>> * specify an onfail task or target that runs in case of a build
>>   failure.
>

> -1 on target (what happens if the target fails?); +0 on a task, but I'd
> like to see the syntax for this.

Why are you against something like:
   <target name="foo" onfail="foo-fail">

where the foo target is copying some files, transforming and compiling
them, and if it all fails, I want to delete and clean up.  I think that
this is a valid use case upon which the target should have this
functionality.  The task level onfail is not so useful to me, it is the
target that makes the difference.

If the target fails, then the onfail target is executed, simple as that.
  What am I missing about your -1?

Scott Sanders