ant-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Sanders <sa...@totalsync.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Ant's goals
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2001 15:35:25 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:

> From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
>
>> * make it possible to reuse taskengine for other things. ie
>>   Installshield type app, Peter's cron-server and other task based
>>   operations.
>

> -0. It is good for the core to be reusable in different contexts but the
> focus should remain on Ant as a build tool.
>

>> * provide support for CJAN
>>
>>   /from discussion it seems this only involves creating new tasks/
>>

> -1. I don;t think CJAN needs a special mention in Ant's requirements. I am
> happy to have cjan tasks, of course.

I can agree with you on that.  I have started a <cjan> task over at
jakarta-commons-sandbox/cjan if anyone is interested in looking at it.
It works well, and I do not envision it needing to know more about Ant
than any other task.

Cheers
Scott Sanders

PS I am happy to submit the cjan task over here, as I just started it
where I had karma ;-)