ant-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] vote on general direction, details will be discussed later
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2001 13:58:00 GMT
> >> * better scripting/notification support so the hooks are available
> >> * to send notifications at certain times.

+0  I don't really care either way as long as implementing it doesn't
require the core to do backflips.

> >> * separate tasks into .tsk jars somehow. (Probably via function - ie
> >>   java tasks, file tasks, ejb tasks).

-0  We are going to have to break up the tasks into *some* sort of
organizational structure, even if it only mimics the current ant.jar and
optional.jar.

> >> * Ask for a new CVS module for Ant tasks.

-1 *untill* we get task loading implemented.

> >> * It should be possible to modify details of the actual build
> >> * (e.g. classpath, used compiler) without the need to change the
> >> * build specification.

If this means "don't use magic properties to affect the build", then I say
+1.

> >> * better subproject handling

Conor has a point.  What does this mean?  If I've missed the discussion,
I'm happy to catch up if someone will point me in the right direction.
Untill then, -1.

Glenn McAllister