ant-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn McAllister <gl...@somanetworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] task/documentation writer's business
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2001 13:45:13 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> The stuff that didn't get enough - or negative - votes in the first
> pass.

> >>   task, support AND/OR of several tests here.

+1

> >> * Add an <ant> task that will find build files according to a
> >> * fileset and invokes a common target in them.
> >>
> >> * Add a JavaApply task that executes a given class with files from a
> >>   fileset as arguments - similar to <apply>.

+1

> >> * Include some more sophisticated loggers with the Ant distribution
> >> * - especially for sending emails. Make the existing one more
> >> * flexible (stylesheet used by XmlLogger).

+1

> >> * make the default logger's output clear, informative, and terse.

-0  I like it the way it is, but if someone can show me a better version, I
could be persuaded.

> >> * add an attribute to <property> to read in an entire file as the
> >>   value of a property.

+0  I don't think this is the best use of a property, but there isn't anything
wrong with it per say.

> >> * make PATH handling consistent. Every task that has a PATH
> >> * attribute must also accept references to PATHs.

-1  A task may have a legitimate reason for not wanting to acept a reference
to a path.

Glenn McAllister