ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Janes <pet...@liberate.com>
Subject Re: Relative FileSet?
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2001 20:27:02 GMT
Peter Janes wrote:

> Jose Alberto Fernandez wrote:
>
>> If the parameter of your setX() is File, you will get the absolute
>> path to
>> it. If it is String you will get the value as you pass it, uninterpreted.
>>
>> You need to pass the correct type.
>

> This works for my own task, but I want to support a nested FileSet (and
looks
> like I'm going to have to duplicate (not simply extend, because
> setX(File) and setX(String) can't coexist) Apply and FileSet to get the
> desired behaviour.

I'm wrong about my own task and FileSet--missed an obvious coding
mistake that was re-adding the fully-qualified path.  Now setting a null
base directory and using the subdirectory in my includes attribute works
properly, a la <fileset dir="" includes="path/to/file"/>.

However, I'm still curious about Apply/ExecOn and whether others think
it would be useful to include an option for relative behaviour in the
standard codebase.

Thanks (particularly to Stefan and Jose Alberto),
Peter J.
--
fix, n., v.  What one does when a problem has been reported too many
times to be ignored.