ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The late stuff
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:57:37 GMT
At 02:48  26/4/01 +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>Jose Alberto Fernandez <> wrote:
>> In my case, I have multiple compilation stages as part of the
>> build. [...]
>> However, the depends task would need to take a global view at the
>> sources since there are interdependencies between all these
>> stages.

Which is why your given the opportunity to disbale it?

>Very good point.
>So, make that a -1 from me, reason is what Jose Alberto said.

I am concerned that we are sacrificing usability here. The cases where you
don't want to use it (ie jikes, multi-stage compiles, other) is by far more
rare than when we do want to use it (ie all the other times). For instance
in all my builds they will be disabled by default as I use jikes but for
the majority of people you want it to be enabled by default - or am I
missing something?