ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The late stuff
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:39:00 GMT
At 02:21  26/4/01 +0200, Rob van Oostrum wrote:
>My master build file invokes my generic app build script passing the
>project name as a property. So the name of the property in the generic app
>script is httpd.service.name.${project.name}

How about

<target name="load-properties">
  <property file="settings.${project.name}.proeprties"/>
</target>

Which loads from one of the files

settings.project1.proeprties
settings.project2.proeprties
settings.project3.proeprties
etc.

Each file contains lines like

httpd.service.name=...
smtp.service.name=...

>I'm new to the DEV list, so could somebody explain to me what the argument
>is for not having it (other than "what's the point of having it?"). I'd be
>more than happy to help out on the development of this, if that's what
>it'll take.

I think it has been requested before (I think I may have even sent in
patches to get it aaaaages ago). However as it offers nothing but
syntactical candy and can lead to complex buildfiles it probably wont be
added.
Cheers,

Pete