ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject RE: wild remark on ant2
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2001 02:07:30 GMT
At 11:51  20/4/01 +1000, Tim Vernum wrote:
>I would like to see Ant2 look at whether digester will be
>an appropriate means of handling the xml, but I guess that
>will come to a vote if/when
>	(A) Digester is released into commons-proper
>	(B) Someone builds a Digester subclass that is
>          functionally equivalent to IntrospectionHelper (etc)

As we are using proxies in ant2 (99% probability) and we will probably have
a superset of functionality given by IntrospectionHelper I don't think it
will be of much use to Ant2. Digester is fairly kewl to work with
dynamic/varied setups but as we are likely to have at maximim three types
of objects in TOM (namely Project/Target/Task) I don't think all the extra
functionality it gives is useful.

Cheers,

Pete