ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] vote on general direction, details will be discussed later
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2001 13:52:25 GMT
At 10:38  17/4/01 +1000, Conor MacNeill wrote:

>> >-1
>
>Insufficient detail for this to be a valid requirement. What "details"? We
>already have this capability. Is this just stating the requirement for the
>same level of functionality (build.sysclasspath, build.compiler, etc). If
>this said we shouldn;t use magic properties, then I'd agree.

Basically translated it saids -
* provide functionality already present in build.*
* don't use magic properties
* provide a generic mechanism for linking in new aspects

Implementation would be via configuring AspectHandlers/Facilities and
providing parameters on a per task basis (or some other similar system).

Cheers,

Pete