ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] core extensions
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2001 07:43:36 GMT
At 09:25  12/4/01 +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>* Allow named tasks to be defined by <script> elements.

+0 Nice idea - but has it been thought out well enough ???

>* specify an onfail task or target that runs in case of a build
>  failure.

-1 loggers get event and can respond to it, also what happens if onfail
task fails ;)

>* allow sequence to be specified in depends attribute or enhance
>  antcall to work with current list of executed targets

+1 to enhancing antcall
-1 to have order in depends

>* Support nesting tasks into other elements - not just as children of
>  target - as proposed by Thomas Christen in
>  <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=98130655812010&w=2>.

+1

>* Make if/unless attributes to check for the value of a property, not
>  only its existance.

+1

>* check for more than one condition in if/unless attributes.

-1 can get equivelent functionality via task that sets a property based on
combination of properties/conditions

>* provide a way to define the order in which targets a given target
>  depends upon get executed.

-1 as above

>* define task contexts that define various common aspects (logging,
>  failure handling ...) and assign them to tasks.

+1 though this point needs clarifying. I would prefer it to be said as

provide a way to configure facilitys that handle task aspects.

Cheers,

Pete