ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New CVS Module for Antidote
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2001 12:42:02 GMT
At 05:25  3/4/01 -0700, Simeon Fitch wrote:

>--- Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
>> At 06:02  30/3/01 -0800, Simeon Fitch wrote:
>> >The voiced sentiment appears to be that: a) a move to expand the
>> committer
>> >pool for Antidote is needed, b) a separate CVS module for Andiote would
>> be
>> >beneficial, and c) having separate Ant and Antidote committer groups is
>> >*not* necessary.
>> >
>> >Therefore, I'm calling for a vote on creating a new CVS module called
>> >"jakarta-ant-antidote" where the code currently located at
>> >"jakarta-ant/src/antidote" will live.
>>
>> +1
>>
>> <snip>
>

>> >(If there are no vetos, who needs to be contacted to create and setup
>> the
>> >new module?)
>>
>> Any committer can do it by reading /home/cvs/README - since your lead
>
>Sorry for the handholding, but step "(a)" in the README is "Get permission
>from your PMC." Where do I send such email to get permission (I can't seem
>to find it under the mailing list section of the web site).

Well I assume you have permission as at least four PMC members are on this
list and haven't vetoed it ;) I put that condition in just as a precaution
so that that no excessive repositories get created but mostly the
philosophy is to push down the power to the committers. For future
reference you can contact the PMC via either

general@jakarta.apache.org (preferred)
or
pmc@jakarta.apache.org (if the question requires discretion)

Cheers,