ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject RE: continuing development for ant 1.4
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2001 09:59:16 GMT
At 10:33  3/4/01 +0100, Les Hughes wrote:
>It was pretty obvious that you guys had other things on your minds recently
>but when can we expect to see new 1.x tasks making it into CVS - once all of
>the discussion is over maybe?

as soon as something gets enough votes. I only personally use a small
subset of ant tasks and thus don't really feel confident about checking in
changes without someone else checking it. Whenever I ask for other people
to check it no one does ... hence it doesn't get added ;)

>In my case, I'm waiting on a decision on <ear>

If you want it then I will add it in but there was concern that it is no
longer needed. Resend it and if no one -1s it then I will check it in.

>and more importantly, Kirk's <p4counter>.

no idea about that ;)

>Also, I was wondering will 'old' 1.x tasks will need to be ported to 2.x
>sometime in the not to distant future?

I would more say "distant" future as we haven't even got into design phase
of ant2 so ... ;)

>I'd like to start thinking about
>cleaning up the P4 stuff, in particular around the use (or not) of Oro for
>regexp matching in p4base but I'd rather wait for the 2.x framework to be a
>little firmer before starting if it'll require task re-writes.

rewrite it now if you want ;)
Cheers,

Pete