ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISC] Task API
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2001 08:55:05 GMT
At 10:37  2/4/01 +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> When it is a container task or a dynamic one like proposed for
>> property. ie
>>
>> <if test="...">
>>   <some-other-task/>
>> </fi>
>
>I still don't get it, sorry. Somehow If.createTask("some-other-task")
>or similar would have been called anyway, wouldn't it?

Okay .. now I don't get it ;)

If we use our current model it is impossible for task to contain arbitrary
sub-elements. If instead the task gets passed a full DOM/TOM/Object tree it
can interpret the tree itself in a completely random way ;) If you have a
look at mymidon proposal you will see that the property task did just that.
I can't see another clean way of doing containerships (considering that in
our case the contained objects are themselves proxy representations of
other tasks).

Cheers,

Pete