ant-dev mailing list archives

From David Rees <>
Subject Re: [SUBMIT] file set cullers
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2001 21:56:29 GMT
Hi Peter,

I would like revisit this for  Ant1. I think there is enough
demonstrated user need that it makes sense for Ant1. There must be a
post every week asking for file attribute based FileSets.

I think that the Culler XML api is structured enough that if we come
up with a different API for Ant2 that a XSLT will be easy to write.

And, I would like to get it out sooner so that we have feedback for

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:48:18 -0800, David Rees wrote:

>On Mon, 26 Mar 2001 19:50:34 +1000, Peter Donald wrote:
>>Sorry for not getting back to you earlier.
>>At 08:39  23/3/01 -0800, David Rees wrote:
>>>Attached is my second cut at the culler functionality I mentioned
>>>last week. It doesn't include HTML docs yet because I think text will
>>>be easier to discuss. If you agree to the submission I can submit the
>>>docs pretty quickly.
>>>As before, my thoughts for how this "should" be done in Ant2 will be
>>>in different post (later).
>>I just had a look at it and were wondering if you would consider waiting
>>for ant2.0 to roll around. The reason is that I am reluctent to add
>>anything new to ant1.x that we are not keeping in ant2. It is going to be
>>hard enough for our users without this. What do you think ?
>I had hoped that they would end up in Ant2 as well ;). The definition
>of Culler is basic enough that I think it will survive pretty easily.
>I am not really waiting on it for anything however.
>Actually, what is the time frame for Ant2?

View raw message